Rhino 5 for Windows runs on ordinary Windows desktop and Laptops with the following setup:
- 1 GB RAM. 8 GB or more is recommended
- DVD drive or an Internet connection for installation
- 600 MB disk space
- OpenGL 2 compatible graphics card (recommended)
- Note: Apple hardware is supported only with Bootcamp
- Windows 7 or 8 (recommended)
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (32-bit only) Service Pack 3
- Note: Both 32- and 64-bit versions are installed on 64-bit Windows systems.
- Automated service release download
- License validation and product registration
- Windows NT, 95, 98, ME, or 2000
- Windows XP 64-bit
- Mac OS X, but an OS X version is under development.
- Virtualization systems on OS X like VMWare or Parallels